Projects and Tips...
Never throw away anything until you have looked at it in every angle,
then still don't throw it away. The weirdest fun can evolve from trash, and I have to tell you...
some of these these ideas are very 'trashy'. You can come up with the wildest things to make
out of just about anything.....even the guts of a burned out lightbulb!
Did you know there is a little tiny "wine glass shaped thingie" in there????
I am trying my hand at making it into something.....I will put it here
when I figured out what to do with it.
OK, here are few ideas that I have found work well if you're
on a budget or if you just like to make things:
Doll house and room box carpet on a budget
- Upholstry fabrics make great carpet for dollhouses, the price is very right
for the small bit you need. I have found some great white and off-white
to use for Berber, and some nice lightly textured stuff, that's great for
- Fringe for carpets, get a piece of ribbon, and cut evenly along one side length-wise, fray it and glue under outer edge.
- Crocheted Doillies over carpet that's already there looks fabulous in a
- Heavy fabric frayed at two ends make a great oriental style carpet. The
heavier fabrics usually have white threads that are woven over, so the
fringe ends up white. PERFECT!
- Carpet Runners can be made up or down step and staircases with ornate ribbon...I
used the tapestry kind with a floral motif down the middle and an ornate
edge at each side down my staircase, it was very pretty.
Doll House Bedding
Flanel blankets can be made from felt, then sew a strip of plain 1/2 inch
ribbon that encases one end, it works like the satin binding on a real
- A piece of lace glued around the bottom edge of a bed makes a great bedskirt.
- Use the same type of lace and sew it inside a small pillow case and it
Christmas Wrappings for your room boxes and doll house settings
- This is cute, take a small pice of plain wrapping paper from any holiday,
cut a small piece about 2 inches by 1.5 inches. Roll it so it's still 2
inches long and glue it. And for ribbons, take an old bow and take it apart.
Then take a 3 inch piece, and cut it longways straight so you have small
strips of ribbons. Then leave the mess on a table in your dollhouse and
maybe wrap one little shape as a gift...looks like the little people are
having an occasion!
- If you're not a FIMO or Tissue Paper artist to make plants, try this....I
take some dried flower bunches, even Baby's Breath, and paint them...makes
them last and gives them a lot of color. You need only dab gently with
a sponge brush. Then plant them in a little painted toothpaste cap or terra
- Some really great pottery for your plants can come from the tops from many
bottles or tubes.
Ok, that's all the "trash" I'm going to talk about for now.....